The Validation Engineer evaluates the performance of lithium-ion cells, modules, and low voltage battery packs for American Battery Solutions, Inc. The individual executes the validation testing by the following: Reviews and understands DVP&Rs; Executes test plans; operates and maintains lithium-ion battery charge/discharge test equipment and environmental chamber test equipment; collects, processes, analyzes, and communicates test data to the validation lead. The role is vital to the success of the organization as the Validation Engineer executes the validation testing of internal battery products and supports the testing at external test houses.
- Evaluates performance of internal lithium-ion cells, modules, and packs by reviewing and adhering to DVP&Rs. Along with, studying the test procedures in detail, and executing the test plans as outlined in the DVP&R and test procedure documents (50%).
- Statistically analyzes the subsequent test data, creates tables/charts, and assists in preparing test reports (15%).
- Supervises testing at external test houses to ensure it is performed as per the test procedure/work instructions (20%).
- Operates lithium-ion cell, module, and battery pack charge/discharge test equipment and environmental test equipment. from a variety of equipment manufacturers by applying in-depth experience. Along with, assisting in preparing and executing AVL Lynx scripts (10%).
- Expands professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars and conferences, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks (5%).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Predictable and reliable attendance.
- Bachelor of Science and/or Engineering Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree or minimum 2+ years of progressive experience in lithium-ion battery testing and validation; including cells, modules, and low/high battery packs.
- Adept in data processing and statistical analysis; particularly with lithium-ion test data.
- Skilled with operating and maintaining battery charge/discharge testing equipment and environmental chamber equipment from multiple manufacturers.
- Willing to work hands-on with batteries and test equipment.
- Effective communicator, capable of concisely presenting highly technical test data to internal and external customers.
- Willing to learn from Senior Testing and Validation Engineers and other team members.
- Educated on common lithium-ion cell, module, and battery pack test certifications.
- Capable of carefully maneuvering large battery packs with the proper safety standards and support.
- Self-motivated problem solver, pays attention to the details, challenges the status quo, and strives for continuous improvement.
- Contributes to team growth by collaborating with cross-function teams and completing projects in a timely manner.
- Abides by safety standards and protocols.