The Senior Validation Engineer evaluates the performance of lithium-ion cells, modules, and low/high voltage battery packs for American Battery Solutions, Inc. The individual executes the validation testing by the following: Reviews, creates, and understands DVP&Rs; executes test plans; operates and maintains lithium-ion battery charge/discharge test equipment collects, processes, analyzes, and communicates test data to the validation lead. The role is vital to the success of the organization as the Validation Engineer executes the validation testing of internal battery products and supports the testing at external test houses.
- Evaluates performance of internal lithium-ion cells, modules, and packs by creating and/or reviewing and adhering to DVP&Rs. Studies test procedures in detail and executes the test plans as outlined in the DVP&R and test procedure documents.
- Statistically analyzes the subsequent test data, creates tables/charts, and prepares test reports.
- Supervises testing at external test houses to ensure ABS product testing is performed as per the test procedure/work instructions.
- Assists in preparing and executing test controller scripts.
- Manages the Validation Timeline for assigned projects and provides status updates, results detail, and test data as required for cross-functional teams and internal/external customers.
- Expands professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars and conferences, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Predictable and reliable attendance.
- Bachelor of Science and/or Engineering Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree, and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in battery testing and validation.
- Adept in data processing and statistical analysis; particularly with lithium-ion test data.
- Willing to work hands-on with batteries and test equipment.
- Effective communicator, capable of concisely presenting highly technical test data to internal and external customers.
- Educated on common lithium-ion cell, module, and battery pack test certifications.
- Capable of carefully maneuvering large battery packs with the proper safety standards and support.
- Self-motivated problem solver, pays attention to the details, challenges the status quo, and strives for continuous improvement.
- Contributes to team growth by collaborating with cross-function teams and completing projects in a timely manner.
- Abides by safety standards and protocols.