This position prepares metal assemblies for painting, by grinding, sandpapering, buffing and/or polishing surfaces.
- Perform preparation work prior to painting such as grinding, sanding, buffing and mask-off areas not to be painted
- Fill cavities and dents as necessary and surfaces repaired area to attain required finish
- Cleans and prepares surface of articles to be painted using solvent, sandpaper and wire brush
- Finish surfaces by polishing with sandpaper, pumice, compound, wax or other materials
- Maintain clean and safe work environment
- Follows all applicable work instructions
· Background in paint and body repair
· Needs to be a self-starter with proficiency in budgeting time
· Ability to proficiently use both hand and power tools
· Must wear steel toe boots and safety glasses
· Be punctual with good attendance
· Willing to submit to a background check and drug screen
· Able to stand for long periods of time
· Must be able to lift 35 lbs.