Intelligen is a Technology Consulting and Management organization with three offices located in the State of Michigan. Our core competency rests in our engineering team of technology professionals who design and implement a wide range of solutions for our clients. We currently have an opportunity available for an additional team member to join our engineering staff.
Our engineering team is comprised of individuals who have experience in both design and implementation of technology solutions with minimal direct oversight and management. An engineer on this team will find themselves interfacing with clients, account managers, and third party technology partners to craft solutions to meet clientele needs. Engagements include potential pre sales engineering in conjunction with account management, solution definition, cost and effort estimation, solution development, testing and implementation. We also have a Service Desk Team of professionals who will help support the solution once completed.
Another area where a candidate can separate themselves is communication. There will be ample opportunity in this position to interface with clients which are both business and IT focused. Our engineering team members have the opportunity to articulate their ideas and help clients make the best technology decisions for their organizations.
Our current position opening is an exciting opportunity for an engineer with a varied background in both hardware design and implementation as well as the implementation of software solutions. While experiences are unique to individuals, the most successful candidates will have a combination of the following skill sets:
- Firewall Configuration and Implementation. We seek primarily Fortinet experience however other firewall experience is welcome. We often find ourselves developing solutions with heavy VLAN, VPN and other more unique routing requirements.
- Network Switching Configuration and Implementation. Individuals with ICX, HP and Juniper switching capabilities are our highest priority.
- Design and Implementation of Wireless Networks. Vector Tech Group is a premier provider of wireless solutions based primarily on Ruckus technology however we support other wireless technology platforms as well. We are one of the largest installers of Ruckus Wireless in the country.
- Administration and Support of Microsoft based network topology
- Development and Implementation of Solutions in a VMWare environment. We also seek Hyper-V experience.
- Back-Up Solution implementation utilizing third party back-up solutions
- Understanding of Network Security and security industry best practices.
Education and Experience work together shape the successful candidate. Our engineering team is made up of individuals who have a strong blend of both. For this position we are seeking demonstratable experience in the skill sets outlined along with a degree or other continuing educational certifications. This opportunity is not entry level therefore, a strong preference will be shown to individuals who have the levels of experience desired.