The Lead Systems Engineer is the main technical resource of a program. He/She is responsible for all system engineering activities and deliverables and leads pack-level technical discussions. They are also responsible for the product architecture and product requirement compliance matrix. This individual will work closely with our engineering design team, prototype engineering team, key suppliers, validation/testing team, customers, program managers, and business development on key technical issues.
- Works as the main technical interface for customer projects and their applications.
- Leads a team of system engineering and requirement engineering resources to deliver on a project.
- Listens to the voice of the customer and translates it into system requirements.
- Drives a compliance matrix of customer requirements to an agreed baseline.
- Develops system-level DFMEA and integrates it with requirements and verification plans.
- Leads the development of system requirements, architecture, and system concept sizing.
- Maintains changes to requirements, and their impact analysis, and helps track scope creep.
- Maintains system requirements throughout the product life cycle.
- Identifies and drives cross-functional interface evaluations and any constraints.
- Implements system optimization with design for excellence evaluation.
- Helps to support business development with an evaluation of new opportunities.
- Strongly supports other key functional engineering groups with their tasks (ME, EE, SW, BMS).
- Supports functional safety, security, and reliability engineering analysis.
- Helps support decomposition of DFMEA into sub-system DFMEA and PFMEA.
- Helps develop system inspection requirements for end-of-line testing, from quality control plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Predictable and reliable attendance.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Systems Engineering (or equivalent).
- Minimum of five (5) years of engineering experience in systems engineering discipline on battery packs or battery management system projects.
- Broad engineering knowledge in Mechanical, Electrical, Software, and Industrial engineering with a strong focus on at least one discipline.
- Basic understanding of architecture modeling and requirements management tools.
- Strong communication skills with a high level of integrity.
- Ability to think creatively while staying focused on the bigger picture.
- Experience with Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience generating DFMEA, PFMEA, DFM/DFA, and DVP&R.
- Experience using a formal requirement management tool.
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours as needed (less than 10% travel on average).
- Systematic problem solver with an analytical mindset.
- Strong interpersonal communication, listening, and technical writing skills.
- Ability to organize and plan effectively with project teams.
- Hands-on experience with high and low-voltage power and communication systems.
- Basic lab/shop skills (multimeter, power tools, etc.).
- Lead projects with a commitment to engineering excellence.
- Willing to help others and promote a positive culture.