1. High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent is required.
2. Good physical and mental health that allows the employee to successfully fulfill Job Responsibilities.
3. Good moral character as determined at a minimum by F.I.A Licensing Rules.
4. Experience working with people with handicaps preferred.
5. 18 years of age or older.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Direct Support Professionals are immediately responsible to the Facility Manager and Assistant Manager for carrying out all job responsibilities cited below.
1. Follow all relevant laws, policies and procedures applicable to the Direct Support Professional position.
2. Attend all scheduled work shifts, meeting and in-services.
3. Promote and participate in activities that provide a positive and constructive work environment for employees, and living environment for clients.
4. Perform routine and delegated responsibilities effectively and to a high standard of quality.
5. Actively participate in staff meetings, in-services and special meetings.
6. Advocate for clients safety, rights, quality care and effective active treatment.
7. Treat clients and staff with dignity and respect.
8. Supervise clients, assuring their safety and well-being.
9. Give input at staff meetings and Interdisciplinary Team meeting on the development of client programs.
10. Thoroughly learn all assigned client programs. Effectively implement these programs. Closely monitor client progress, and accurately document all program results.
11. Provide clients with personal care services, including but not limited to hygienic care, dressing, ambulation aid, transportation, therapeutic interventions and meals.
12. Follow proper medical and medication procedures in regard to client care.
13. Help maintain the quality of the home environment by performing housekeeping tasks and assisting with minor household maintenance.
14. Provide accurate, useful and honest documentation regarding all job responsibilities.
15. Carry out additional job related responsibilities that may be delegated by management.
16. Fulfill the requirements of an “objective” as described in M.C.S.I. Personnel Policies.